HOW TO JOIN OUR GALLERY
We are an artists’ cooperative gallery, located on the ground floor of the Salt Lake City Main Library. Our mission is to promote public interest in high quality, original artwork while providing Utah artists, who do not already have an established exhibition venue, with an audience and an opportunity to sell their work. The co-op also supports and provides art educational programs for the public.
Art at the Main welcomes applications from new artists with original artwork in these media: mixed media, watercolor, oil, acrylic, pastel, pen & ink, pencil, charcoal, encaustic, etchings, monotypes, lithography, hangable fiber art, and small 3-D sculpture, glasswork, pottery, metal and wood.
SUBMISSION & SELECTION PROCESS:
1. Please submit a portfolio containing:
- 8-10 images of original artwork created in the last two years. You may submit your images on a CD-ROM, or quality photos of your work, or submit your artist website information.
- Artist resume and a resume which covers work history and other interests
- Contact info. - full name, current address, telephone no., email address.
2. A Membership Agreement outlining the specifics of membership will be provided upon acceptance.
3. Artists selected for a final review will be contacted by telephone or email. You may be asked to bring in 2-3 original works of art to complete the jury process.
4. Artists not selected will be contacted by telephone or e-mail and may make arrangements to pick up their portfolio.
5. All determinations will be made within a 3-week period, following submission of portfolio.
You may drop off your portfolio at the gallery during business hours by giving it to whomever is on duty that day. An appointment is not necessary. Please call AATM Directors: Terrece Beesley 801-564-0892, or Cary Griffiths 801-803-3720 should you have any questions or send email inquiries to: email@example.com.
GALLERY MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
1. Each member works three-to-four 4-hour shifts/month, $80 dues/month, hangs 6-10 works.
All members pay 15% commission to gallery from sales, sign a 12-month commitment to remain a member, and agree to participate in shared gallery duties and educational activities. After the commitment has been fulfilled, a 30-day notice is required when leaving gallery and all withdrawal procedures as discussed in the Membership Agreement must be followed.